Monday, January 29, 2007

I got stripped

How do you feel when you are stripped off your clothes. I mean literally. To me it felt funny ;).

To give some background to this incident, everyone here(residendial housing complex for graduate students at UCSD) does their laundry in a common room which has 'lots' of washers and 'lots' of driers. I usually go once in two weeks with my load of clothes to get a clean and refreshing new set, ready to be soiled again, in another two weeks. This laundry room also has a 'table of commons'(TOC), that is for, if you dont need something and feel that it might be useful for others, you leave your stuff on the TOC and anyone who wishes can take possession. Generally, it happens, that people are shy to pick stuff from TOC and prefer to do it when no one is around.

So coming back to my story. Today morning, as I was entering the holy place to collect my washed and dried laundry back, a guy in his twenties passed by me in swift strokes that some how signified he was guilty of a crime. Bit surprised as I walked in, on the next step I saw the TOC on my right. On this there was a small pile of clothes and things got into perspective, as I figured out that he was searching through the pile as I was about to enter. He did not want me to see him doing his scavenge hunt so left slyly. Slighly aloof from that pile of clothes was one shorts that just caught my eye. That is because, I had exactly the same shorts I use for soccer, and I knew that it was of good quality. I just said to myself, after collecting my clothes, I will have a look at those shorts, and maybe if it is indeed of good quality and condition, sneakinly grab it...(oops, did I reveal something?). It so happened, that right most corner of my eye, got a glimpse of another jeans, that looked exactly like the one I had. When my head turned right, and I had the full picture in both of my eyes, it struck me that, THAT whole lot of clothes, where no one else but mine!!!. Someone took out my clothes from the drier and had kept it on the Table Of Commons. "F***! these are mine", I went and clumsily started to collect as if each one of the clothes would vapourize the next moment!

So I went back and did a status check, to find, that I was stripped off my clothes. This is the tally of things I was able to remember that was 'stolen'.
1. 3 Lowers - One in extremely bad shape, and two almost new
2. Two jeans - One in extremely bad shape, and one okayish
3. Three sweat shirts - Two in extremely bad shape, and one new
4. One tshirt - Okayish
..and still counting. I regret I dont have a count of my underwears, to have my laugh.

To all the people who are reading this and live in mesa. Dont ever leave your clothes overnight in the washroom. You might be stripped off yours too. :)

5 Comments:

At 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

jaise karni vaisi bharni... tumne kambakht bahut cheezein churayi hain, ye sab ussi ka phal hai.. Aur khush raho ki tumne kisi gareeb aadmi ka bhala kar diya.. bechara bahut hi jyada museebat mein hoga ki tumhare kapde churaane pade.

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Ankit said...

Rasia, you are going to kill me for this :-))))))))))))))))))

Oh so you have not mentioned the rest of the story!!! If you wish to have a laugh at it, I must say, you are holding back the holy grail of giggles :-)... I will tell it:

So Mr. Rasia, expectedly taken aback by this recent turn of events, started thinking about how to get back his stuff. Now you know something terribly wrong is going to happen when this man has to think. Nevertheless, he came up with an amazing plan. He thought of putting a highly soiled and dilapidated shirt of his in a plastic bag along with a notice and a hope that his clothes will be returned. Ingenious, we must say. Highly original, I think. I am sure Mr. Rasia would also have considered the possibility of catching the thief red handed and giving him the ass-kickery of his life. Nevertheless, he overlooked some basic possibilities which might upset his foolproof plan:

1. Was he expecting people who had not stolen his stuff to have some pity and put their own clothes in the bag ? Would he be ready to wear something that he would not pick from the TOC ?

2. Was he expecting that more than one person had stolen his stuff so that atleast some of them would cry their hearts out at the sight of a sad Shirt in a plastic bag and return his clothes ? It is highly unlikely that if all his stuff was stolen by a single person, he would have a sudden change in heart. As low as the odds against such a possibility are, the chances of such a thing happening increase if there are more than one persons involved. But again, how many people could there be at max ? From the count of Mr. Rasia's stolen clothes, at most 9 (neglecting his glorious underwears). Of course I am neglecting the possibility that people could be dying even to have a shred of his clothes. But come to think of it, do you really think that it is even remotely possibly that more than one person at a time can be desperate enough to covet Mr. Rasia's clothes? I think it is highly unlikely.

Howsoever genius your plan maybe Mr. Rasia, these are glaring questions and they have to be answered to prove your sanity.

Nevertheless, do you know what happened to that shirt which was such an integral part of Mr. Rasia's shrewd plan ? IT ALSO GOT STOLEN !!!!!!!

 
At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ankit, you missed a point here. I think the thief is a girl who just loves Mr. Rasia's body odour. And I have feeling Mr. Rasia knew it, so he put his most odourful (does that word exist?.. anyway you got the point) hoping that the she would return the less interesting clothes (except the glorious ones :)) in lieu of this magnanimous gift. But guess what, the girl in love kept it all!
And don't you dare doubt Mr. Rasia's intelligence, he lost clothes, but he won a girl. Nifty plan, I'd say.

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Nikhil said...

"Long years ago I made a tryst with destiny, and now the time comes when I shall redeem my pledge, not wholly or in full measure, but very substantially. At the stroke of the midnight hour, when the world sleeps, I will awake to life and freedom (with new clothes). A moment comes, which comes but rarely in history, when we step out from the old (clothes) to the new (clothes), when an age ends (of old clothes), and when the soul of 'odourful' clothes, long suppressed, finds utterance. It is fitting that at this solemn moment we take the pledge of dedication to the service of the 'poor clotheless graduate students of UCSD' and their clothes and to the still larger cause of humanity.

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

abhey..aaj ki footer match khelne ke liyein jersey nahi hain mere paas..2 - 3 jersey le aana , aathein waqt...aur IT SHOULD NOT BE A HIGHLY SOILED AND DILAPIDATED SHIRT...:D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home