Saturday, December 31, 2005

Book Tag - Books I read this year.

I am not sure whats this tagging business all about but from some digging it seems that once I am tagged I am supposed to write about what books I read this year and tag three more people. I anyways wanted to write such a blog but was procratinating it.

Diwaker Tagged me so here it goes.

1. Siddhartha - Herman Hesse - (previous review) - One of the best books I have read this year. For one it was just 80 pages, and two it was simple and direct. The story is about Siddhartha(Not Gautam Buddha) who wanders in the forest in seek of truth. As a priest's son, as an ascetic, as Buddha's discipile he feels incomplete and finally decids to live the Material life as a merchants advisior and in love with Kamala. Still unsatisfied he finaly learns something else thats the climax. The sentence that hit me the most was - 'I can Think, I can Wait, I can Fast'

2. Ukridge - PG Wodehouse - My First PG Wodehouse. Ramesh Mamji gifted me this book when I was coming to America. I usually dont read such fiction (In fact I did not use to read much but have started to cultivate this habit from this year itself.) but the PG Wodehouse is just amazing. An exceptional book for light reading. Ukridge, considers himself as the next Bill Gates, and tries innumerous ideas to become rich. Alas! he does not become rich but finds something thats the climax.

3. Conversations with God (Part I) - Neale Donald Walsch - An amazing view of the world. Arun Raghuraman suggested me to read this book and I read it during my ITC stint. He in his platfrom cant be contradicted easily. The book is about God talking to him and answering the eternal questions. The ideas do get repeated a lot and it seems more targetted towards the American souls, nevertheless a must read.

4. Ramayana - C Rajagopalachari - As the author himself claims, Ramayana for growing up children. He has beautifully written it without and pompous words or even any strong interpretations of events. Sometimes writes in too many superlatives but a refreshing book. Specially as it is very easy to read.

5. Right Ho! Jeeves - PG Wodehouse - Typically PG Wodehouse again.

I think I am too late to tag, but anyways will tag Nanda, Bhatti and Pango.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home